[comp.archives] [tex] Re: Emacs-Latex: A little trick

georgiou@rex.cs.tulane.edu (George Georgiou) (06/04/91)

Archive-name: emacs/elisp/auc-tex/1991-06-03
Archive: iesd.auc.dk:/pub/emacs-lisp/auc-tex.3.0.tar.Z [130.225.48.4]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In article <ABRAHAM.91Jun2174008@galilei.iesd.auc.dk> abraham@iesd.auc.dk (Per Abrahamsen) writes:

>George> Put in your .emacs file the line:
>George> (set-variable (quote page-delimiter) "^%%")
>
>George> I am using it and it's a woderful little trick.
>George> %%
>
>It sure sounds good.  However, you might want to try the full
>generality of using outlines with your LaTeX document.  Outline mode
>substitutes selected text with three dots, based on the structure of
>your document.  Some example:
>
>    [ Examples ...]

I am already using auc-tex's minor outline mode, and it's great.
However, it doesn't provide a mechanism to narrow-to-region by
section, subsection, or any other arbitrary grouping, which I often find
handy.

>Outline mode also allows you to navigate in a LaTeX document based on
>the sections.  You can move a level up, to next or previous section,
>or to next or previous section on the same level.

If one uses (set-variable (quote page-delimiter) "^%%"), navigation
through pages delimited by "%%" is possible using C-x ] and C-x [.  Do
"C-h a page" for more functions. I am not pretending that this is a
substitute for the auc-tex's outline mode.

>An outline (minor) mode witch works well with LaTeX documents is a
>part of the AUC TeX distribution, and available for anonymous ftp at
>the site iesd.auc.dk (130.225.48.4) in the file
>/pub/emacs-lisp/auc-tex.3.0.tar.Z

Auc-tex is highly recommended.

George Georgiou                       georgiou@rex.cs.tulane.edu
Computer Science Department           +---------------------------+
Tulane University                     |       Fiat Lux            |
New Orleans, LA 70118                 +---------------------------+

-- comp.archives file verification
iesd.auc.dk
-rw-rw-r--  1 2295     ftping      54390 Jun  3 08:13 /pub/emacs-lisp/auc-tex.3.0.tar.Z
found auc-tex ok
iesd.auc.dk:/pub/emacs-lisp/auc-tex.3.0.tar.Z