[comp.archives] [news.admin...] Re: Yet Another Cnews Thread

moraes@cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) (06/14/91)

Archive-name: news/relaynews/newscomplain/1991-06-13
Archive: ftp.cs.toronto.edu:/pub/news/newscomplain* [128.100.3.6]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

moraes@cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) writes:
>Caveat:  It wasn't really meant for distribution

And it shows :-( Some of the messages dated to when we were the only
site running the current relaynews code; Paul Eggert pointed out that
whitespace is not even technically legal according to 1036.  The
default now complains about bad dates too.

Here's a new version.  It's also available by anonymous ftp from
ftp.cs.toronto.edu in pub/news (not to be confused with pub/c-news).

My earlier warnings stand; included here in case you missed the last
version (now cancelled).

 > This script (requires GNU awk) was derived from the mail messages
 > Geoff and I sent out to sites during the alpha test of the new fascist
 > relaynews on news-server.csri.toronto.edu.
 >
 > By default, the script complains about whitespace in messageids and
 > non-header lines in headers.  The -q option merely generates the
 > summary.  The -v option complains about all errors the script knows
 > about.  The -o option allows you to specify categories of problem that
 > it should warn about. eg. newscomplain -o d $NEWSCTL/log should
 > complain about unparsable dates only.

	Mark.

[Script deleted.  --Ed]

-- comp.archives file verification
ftp.cs.toronto.edu
-rwxr-xr-x  1 917      10           5919 Jun 13 17:31 /pub/news/newscomplain
-rw-r--r--  1 917      10           1309 Jun 13 17:33 /pub/news/newscomplain.README
found newscomplain ok
ftp.cs.toronto.edu:/pub/news/newscomplain*