[comp.archives] [comp.sys.mac.misc...] Re: Printing to Postscript files under System 7/TrueType

elliott@veronica.cs.wisc.edu (James Elliott) (06/24/91)

Archive-name: fonts/mac/stripfonts/1991-06-22
Archive-directory: veronica.cs.wisc.edu:/src/stripfonts/ [128.105.1.232]
Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

In <1991Jun21.204538.3195@athena.mit.edu> cklim@athena.mit.edu (Carl K. Lim) writes:

>[...] a simple single page Word file using Times generated
>over 800K of postscript (I had to interrupt the print job).  The
>postscript file seems to contain the LaserPrep definition and a lot
>of binary (?) code.  Is this suppose to be the TrueType definition of
>Times?

>Another problem is: my mac isn't attached to any printer.  But I will
>eventually print on a printer that has the standard postscript fonts
>like Times, Helvetica, etc.  How I can fool the laserwriter driver to
>not download every single font into the postscript file?

You probably want to check out StripFonts. I posted it to
comp.sys.mac.digest and comp.binaries.mac a week ago and it's not
showed up; maybe something about the way I posted it confused the news
software.

You can get it via anonymous ftp from veronica.cs.wisc.edu; cd
src/stripfonts. There's a readme there as well.

--
Jim Elliott		      "Like a bridge he'll come between us, not a wall"
elliott@veronica.cs.wisc.edu

-- MSEN Archive Service file verification
veronica.cs.wisc.edu
total 207
-rw-r--r--  1 elliott      6694 Jun 15 17:31 Readme
-rw-r--r--  1 elliott     32076 Jun 14 20:16 StripFonts-unix.shar
-rw-r--r--  1 elliott    161571 Jun 14 16:10 StripFonts.hqx
found stripfonts ok
veronica.cs.wisc.edu:/src/stripfonts/