[can.usrgroup] The Unix-Unanimous mailing list

Dave Mason <mason@tmsoft.uucp> (11/03/88)

> A few things to cover here:
>
> 1. Are messages sent to the mailing list being automagically posted
>    to the newsgroup?  I gather from the recent mail I received from
>    kenm@maccs that newsgroup postings are being forwarded.

I asked you to add unanimous@tmsoft to your list, maybe my mail got
dropped (we were having a few difficulties for a few days).  Change it
to can-usrgroup@tmsoft. Mailing list stuff will go into can.usrgroup
automatically.  ....(2 hours of sweat & tears later :-)... and
newsgroup stuff will go to unix-unanimous@moore.UUCP for further
processing.  There was probably an easy way to do this (C-news site),
but it works, loops are defeated, etc.  Everybody should see only one
copy (via each media).

> 2. Who is looking after this?
I am, maybe others are.

> 3. There are probably people who don't want the messages/articles in
>    both their mailbox and their news.  Please let me know if you
>    would like to be removed from the mailing list.

Once the bidirectional feed is finished testing, *I* certainly will.

> 4. At the last meeting, Nik Habermel (nik@psican) was added to the
>    mailing list of Unix Unanimous people.  Unfortunately, moore can't
>    find psican.  Can anyone provide a working path?
tmsoft!psican!nik
The tmsoft!psican link is shown in the new maps which should be out RSN.

../Dave

paul@moore.UUCP (Paul Maclauchlan) (12/02/88)

Just a reminder, there will be no /usr/group/cdn meeting this month.
Instead the UNIXMAS/88 event is being held on Tuesday, December 6,
18:30 at the Toronto Board of Trade.

This event is for /usr/group/cdn members only.  If you have any
questions about membership in /usr/group/cdn e-mail Dave Mason
(mason@tmsoft) or Dan Tomlinson (dan@compus), I'm sure they will
be happy to fill you in.  Or you can call Bonnie at the office
259-8122.

There will be no Unix Unanimous meeting in December, either.  Maybe
someone can arrange a tour of Toronto's abandoned subway stations
as an alternative function :-)

The mailing list <-> can.usrgroup interface is now in action and
working (except when I lose my paths file).  There are probably people
who don't want the messages/articles in both their mailbox and their
news.  Please let me know if you would like to be removed from the
mailing list.

The next regular meetings will be in 1989:

	Wednesday, January 11, 1815
	/usr/group/cdn monthly meeting
	Toronto Board of Trade
	1 First Canadian Place, 3rd floor near Adelaide St.

	Wednesday, January 25, 1815
	Unix Unanimous meeting
	UofT FLIS
	140 St George St, Rm 212  (St. George, south of Bloor)
	[come early to get a seat!]

	Discussion topic suggestions are welcome.

I've appended the current distribution for the mailing list.  Please
send me (or uu-admin@moore) any corrections.

# /usr/lib/aliases for moore; Thu Dec  1 11:12:18 EST 1988
#
# Unix Unanimous people
#
# unix-unanimous administrivia to: uu-admin@moore
#
unix-unanimous	peter@aeshq		# Peter Mielke
		greg@apcitor		# Greg Foisy
		bdb@becker		# Bruce Becker
		brian@berner		# Brian Jarvis
		dan@cherniak		# Dan Ho
		norman@cherniak		# Norman Branitsky
		chk@chkent		# C. Harald Koch
		martin@contact		# Martin Loeffler
		bob@cpcc		# Bob Herman
		dan@compus		# Dan Tomlinson
		cohort!steve@compus	# Steve Bird
# temporarily	decom@dgp.toronto.edu	# Jonathon Haruni
		greg@dhstor		# Greg Greaves
		edwin@erinpub		# Edwin Allum
		rick@espinc		# Rick Yazwinski
		sonia@fricker		# Sonia Brock
		bob@gompa		# Robert Ames
		denis@hcr		# Denis Coskum
		morgan@hcr		# Morgan Jones
		sanand@hub.toronto.edu	# Sanand Patel
		dave@lethe		# Dave Collier-Brown
		drew@lethe		# Drew Sullivan
		wolf@magsta		# Wolfgang Thomeier
		mark@markland		# Mark Wilson
		ron@mnetor		# Ron Miller
		paul@moore		# Paul Maclauchlan
		brian@ncrcan		# Brian Onn
		bill@ontmoh		# Bill McLean
		peter@ontmoh		# Peter Renzland
		nik@psican		# Nik Habermel
		tls!mbeast@utzoo	# Michael East
		uu@tnir			# Reid Ellis
		ted@tvcent		# Ted Cowie
		john@siemtor		# John Caten
		evan@telly		# Evan Leibovitch
# news		mason@tmsoft		# Dave Mason
		can-usrgroup@tmsoft	# can.usrgroup gateway
		brian@radio.astro.toronto.edu	# Brian Glendenning
		rayan@utai		# Rayan Zachariasson
# news		erlebach@utcsri		# Beverly Erlebacher
		bacon@utflis		# George Bacon
		unix-unanimous@utgpu	# Tom Molnar & Johnny Chee Wah
		taras@utgpu		# Taras Pryjma
		woods@utgpu		# Greg Woods
		twltims@watmath		# Tracy Tims
		mikej@web		# Mike Jensen
		shields@yunccn		# Paul Shields
		cks@ziebmef		# Chris Siebenmann
# no uucp				# Gord Wilkes
# no uucp				# Robert Tyldsley
# no uucp				# Ron Winacott

Wishing you and yours a happy and safe holiday season, and success in 1989!

--
.../Paul Maclauchlan
Moore Corporation Limited, Toronto, Ontario (416) 364-2600