[can.usrgroup] Blasphemy!

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) (05/22/89)

Yes!

I'd like to suggest which restaurant U-U people go to after the meeting,
BEFORE the meeting takes place!

Actually, there is an ulterior motive. A few of us getting involved in
the upcoming /usr/group/cdn elections need to spend some extra time
dealing with that subject, so we'll be going to the restaurant at 6:45
and staying until the rest of you finish up at UofT and join us.

I suggest we agree on the restaurant that used to be Mother's, on Bloor
east of Spadina. I forget the name, anyone remember it?

So unless something drastic happens, those of us who've been dealing with
the election (me, Greg, Dan, Dave, Tim, Nik if he's back and hopefully
Peter) will head straight there, and we'll see the rest of you later. OK?
--

Evan Leibovitch, SA, Telly Online, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
   evan@telly.on.ca / {uunet!attcan,utzoo}!telly!evan / (416) 452-0504

peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) (05/23/89)

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) suggests:

> Actually, there is an ulterior motive. A few of us getting involved in
> the upcoming /usr/group/cdn elections need to spend some extra time
> dealing with that subject, so we'll be going to the restaurant at 6:45
> and staying until the rest of you finish up at UofT and join us.

I have heard Evan suggest this privately.  I don't recall having heard
voices of agreement or consensus that this is a good idea.  I would prefer
not to schedule a meeting of UU activists in direct conflict with a UU
meeting unless there is very strong evidence that this is the only time
these people can get together.  Given such evidence, I will attend such
a meeting (see below).

> I suggest we agree on the restaurant that used to be Mother's, on Bloor
> east of Spadina. I forget the name, anyone remember it?

Unfortunately that that venue is unacceptable to me.  My time is
very very precious these days.  Combining a meeting with a meal saves
some time.  But my life is too short to waste it with junk food, loud
music, and smoke.  My counter-suggestion is Asklepeion (the Greek place),
where we went last time.  Any other place that serves nutricious food in
a quiet, comparitively unpolluted environment, is also acceptable.

> So unless something drastic happens, those of us who've been dealing with
> the election (me, Greg, Dan, Dave, Tim, Nik if he's back and hopefully
> Peter) will head straight there, and we'll see the rest of you later. OK?

There may indeed be hope, assuming extraordinary discipline, dependability,
and consistency on the part of "the good guys".

--
Peter Renzland @ Ontario Ministry of Health  416/964-9141  peter@ontmoh.UUCP
/usr/group/cdn Director (in Coventry)    ugc office: 259-8122 usrgroup@utgpu

paul@moore.UUCP (Paul Maclauchlan) (05/24/89)

In article <1989May22.165655.7471@telly.on.ca>, evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
> Actually, there is an ulterior motive. A few of us getting involved in
> the upcoming /usr/group/cdn elections need to spend some extra time
> dealing with that subject, so we'll be going to the restaurant at 6:45
> and staying until the rest of you finish up at UofT and join us.

Further blurring the distinction between unix-unanimous and /usr/group/cdn.
Can YOU tell the difference?  Are you supposed to be able to?  Tastes
great!  Less filling!

Maybe we need a site for UU.tech and UU.politech?

> ..., and we'll see the rest of you later. OK?

No thanks.  I think I'll go see the Jays...
--
.../Paul Maclauchlan
Moore Corporation Limited, Toronto, Ontario (416) 364-2600