[can.usrgroup] Unix Unanimous - November 25

lamy@ai.utoronto.ca (Jean-Francois Lamy) (11/10/89)

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:

>As of this moment, the Nov. 25 meeting is tentatively scheduled to have
>talks on two popular Unix text formatters, TeX and troff. Neither of the
>two intended speakers have solidly confirmed, so I can't guarantee
>anything yet (though anyone volunteering to talk about either as an
>alternate is more than welcome).

Having been deluged with subtle hints as soon as the spectre of a TeX talk
appeared, I took the bait.  But November 22 turned out to be a babysitting
night (the meeting is not on the 25th, which is a Saturday), but I'd be able
to do the January 24 meeting, should the interest be still there and if no
other TeX Yoda volunteers for the 22nd.

Jean-Francois Lamy               lamy@ai.utoronto.ca, uunet!ai.utoronto.ca!lamy
AI Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4

jmm@eci386.uucp (John Macdonald) (11/10/89)

In article <m0gO6dS-0000BFC@nebulus.UUCP> root@nebulus.UUCP (Dennis S. Breckenridge) writes:
>Yes I will be eating and attending Evan!
>        Dennis S. Breckenridge, VE3-GSS, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
>        EMAIL: uunet!attcan!{tmsoft|telly}!nebulus!dennis

Evan might prefer being attended to without being eaten.  He might also
be wary of getting too close to you for a while, Dennis.  We may be able
to parlay this into a National Enquirer article ("Secret Society of
Cannibals Discovered in Toronto."-)
--
80386 - hardware demonstrating the fractal nature of warts.   | John Macdonald
EMS/LIM - software demonstrating the fractal nature of warts. |   jmm@eci386

root@nebulus (Dennis S. Breckenridge) (11/10/89)

root@nebulus.UUCP (Dennis S. Breckenridge) writes:

>Yes I will be eating and attending Evan!
                           insert "," (oops)

>Yes I will be eating and attending, Evan!

NAME:     Dennis S. Breckenridge   UUCP: uunet!tmsoft!nebulus!dennis
QTH:      Toronto, Canada          ELECTROMAGNETIC:   145.03Mhz ve3gss@ve3gss
AMPR.ORG: [44.135.88.54]           THE RIGHT CHIOCE?: (416) 733-1696