[can.usrgroup] uupc

root@erinpub.UUCP (Super user) (11/05/88)

Does anyone have UUPC source.
If you do could you please send me a copy. Thanks in advance.

--
Identity:	Edwin Allum
Work Bell:	416-442-2146

Email:	allum@utcseri -or- edwin@utgpu -or- edwin@erinpub

rasmus@contact.uucp (Rasmus Lerdorf) (11/10/89)

Anyone know what the latest version of uupc available is?  The one I am
running on my PC at home at the moment came from a package named interim.arc.
As the name suggests, has an updated version come out yet?  interim.arc
includes a pretty rough mail program and a uuio routine which emulates some of
the features of uucico.  The uuio part of the package I am pretty happy with.
I have the source, it compiles and I can change whatever I don't like.
However, the mail part of the package will not compile.  I have an executable
which although it works leaves much to be desired.  If anyone has any info, I
would appreciate hearing from you.

---
Rasmus Lerdorf   rasmus@contact.uucp   Toronto, Canada via Denmark.
              || !dciem!nttor!rasmus

rca@gompa.UUCP (Robert Ames) (11/12/89)

Rasmus Lerdorf said ..

>Anyone know what the latest version of uupc available is?  The one I am
>running on my PC at home at the moment came from a package named interim.arc.
>However, the mail part of the package will not compile.  I have an executable
>which although it works leaves much to be desired.  If anyone has any info, I
>would appreciate hearing from you.

Are you using Turbo C?  My source compiles OK.  UUPC seems to be set up so
that you can make either UUIO or MAIL, depending on #defines.

I am presently looking at a program from California called WAFFLE, which
has supposedly been compiled under DOS, Xenis, A/UX, etc.  It runs as a BBS
or as a terminal, and does a pretty good job of emulating Unix.  The
release version will be 2.00, I have version 1.58 at present.

--
Royal Trust Product Initiatives Laboratory | "Opinions expressed may not
74 Victoria Street - 7th Floor             |  be shared by my employer"

darcy@bbm.UUCP (D'Arcy Cain) (11/12/89)

In article <8911091920.AA10865@contact.UUCP> Rasmus Lerdorf <rasmus@contact.uucp> writes:
>Anyone know what the latest version of uupc available is?
I think I have the latest version and I have major hacked it and fully
prototyped it.  It must be compiled with Turbo C vers 2.0 (Microsoft's
brain dead MAKE blows up.)  If anyone would like to see this, e-mail me
at darcy@druid (druid may not be in your maps yet but it hangs off telly,
lethe, nebulus, robohack among others.) If there is enough interest I will
set up an anonymous uucp or otherwise get it to people who want it.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain
(darcy@{bbm,druid})
Note: druid the preferred site for e-mail