[net.followup] help with mail

brown@nicmad.UUCP (07/13/85)

In article <88@biomed.UUCP> lagasse@biomed.UUCP (Robert C. Lagasse) writes:

>       Sorry to bother you, but, can anyone help me with mailing to a
>particular person.  I know how to use postnews, but not mail.  Our systems
>person is gone on summer vacation and I am stranded.   Thank You.
>Bob Lagasse @ MGH

Is this a joke and it belongs in net.jokes or is this for real?!

If this guy is serious, try entering:   mail <pathname!pathname2...!loginname>
or if mail doesn't work, use Mail.  Of course the <>'s aren't included.
This an abbreviation, of course.  Want more info, try the command: man mail

Now all of this is based on the 4.xBSD UNIX.  I think SYSTEM V etc is the
same, but I have learned not to count on that.
--
              | |-------| o|    JVC HRD725U
              |------------|     VHS Hi-Fi (the only way to go)
   seismo!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!brown