[can.usrgroup] Try procom, xtalk

danny@idacom.uucp (Danny Wilson) (02/07/90)

In (Roy Sanwalka) writes:

>     I have tried using C-Kermit, but it is incompatible with all the
>MS/DOS comm. programs I have tried.  I have tried rz and sz (an
>implementation of Zmodem for Unix sites) and it failed miserably.  I've
>even tried to get the archaic xymodem program online to work, but that
>seems defunct too.

A bunch of guys in our office use C-Kermit together with procom+
to transfer files to the PC.

There is no problem with it.

--
Danny Wilson			danny@idacom.uucp
IDACOM Electronics		alberta!idacom!danny

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (02/10/90)

In article <1990Feb6.194942.5480@idacom.uucp> danny@idacom.uucp (Danny Wilson) writes:

|In (Roy Sanwalka) writes:
|>
|>     I have tried using C-Kermit, but it is incompatible with all the
|>MS/DOS comm. programs I have tried.  I have tried rz and sz (an
|>implementation of Zmodem for Unix sites) and it failed miserably.  I've
|>even tried to get the archaic xymodem program online to work, but that
|>seems defunct too.
|
|A bunch of guys in our office use C-Kermit together with procom+
|to transfer files to the PC.
|
|There is no problem with it.

	There is C-Kermit, and then there is C-Kermit.

	There are many releases of it, and is't been ported
	to many machines - one version may have problems
	that another doesn't, etc. Also, alothough the
	documentation is quite extensive, it isn't always
	made available, nor always used when available.

	It's not clear what actual problems were encountered.

	Ymodem-batch, implemented by "sb" & "rb", are
	companions of "sz" & "rz", and are found along
	with them. They usually seem to work even where
	their zmodem counterparts fail.

	Procomm is quite reliable, but it isn't always
	set up properly as far as parity etc. is concerned
	when using transfer protocols.

--
  (__)	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
w \@@/	 Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu