[can.usrgroup] AT&T in a meeting

drg@csri.toronto.edu (Dave Galloway) (10/19/90)

The University of Toronto has AT&T source licenses for a bunch of AT&T
products, including UNIX, C++, etc.  Up until 6 months ago, we dealt with
someone at AT&T Canada when we wanted new releases and license changes.

At that point, we were told that AT&T in the US was taking over the
Canadian side of things, and were given a new contact in the States.
Since then we have been unable to talk to anyone.  No one returns calls,
and FAXes go unanswered.

Has anyone in Canada managed to get a source product out of AT&T in the
last few months ?  If so, who did you talk to, and what is their phone
number ?

Even better, has anyone in Canada managed to get a copy of the source for
C++ 2.1 (or even the pricing for it) ?

py@meadow.uucp (Peter Yeung) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct18.142454.4320@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> drg@csri.toronto.edu (Dave Galloway) writes:
>Since then we have been unable to talk to anyone.  No one returns calls,
>and FAXes go unanswered.

Ah..... AT&T... from our experience, dealing with AT&T (and their VARs) were
pure frustrations. Their support was minimal and nobody seemed to know answer
to any technical problems. For example, it took us quite a bit of runaround
and a few MONTHS time just to get their education courses calender!

BTW, is anyone out there running V.4?

--
Peter Yeung     Amdahl Canada Ltd., Software Development Center
                2000 Argentia Road, Plaza 2, Suite 300

jim@lsuc.on.ca (Jim Mercer) (10/22/90)

In article <1990Oct18.142454.4320@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> drg@csri.toronto.edu (Dave Galloway) writes:
>The University of Toronto has AT&T source licenses for a bunch of AT&T
>products, including UNIX, C++, etc.  Up until 6 months ago, we dealt with
>someone at AT&T Canada when we wanted new releases and license changes.
>
>At that point, we were told that AT&T in the US was taking over the
>Canadian side of things, and were given a new contact in the States.
>Since then we have been unable to talk to anyone.  No one returns calls,
>and FAXes go unanswered.

The Law Society (Department of Education) is a Sys V 3.2.1 Licensee.

I started dealing with AT&T (Canada) last December.
When we finally got things rolling, i started receiving tapes.
it wasn't until the 4th set of tapes, that i got something i could read
on our 3B2.

by this time, AT&T (canada) no longer marketed source products.

fortunately, because of the media problems i was having, i was in contact
with AT&T (new jersey) before AT&T (canada) stopped selling source.

they have been responsive (maybe not speedy, but i did get answer's and action)

>Has anyone in Canada managed to get a source product out of AT&T in the
>last few months ?  If so, who did you talk to, and what is their phone
>number ?

send me email and i'll send the names & numbers to you.

>Even better, has anyone in Canada managed to get a copy of the source for
>C++ 2.1 (or even the pricing for it) ?

C++? what's C++?  8^)

--
[ Jim Mercer  jim@lsuc.On.Ca  || ...!uunet!attcan!lsuc!jim    +1 416 947-5258 ]
[ Systems Facilitator - Law Society of Upper Canada, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA ]

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct20.041400.1176@meadow.uucp> py@meadow.UUCP (Peter Yeung) writes:
| [...]
|BTW, is anyone out there running V.4?