[rec.arts.tv.soaps] Amazing, the sort of things Beth needs to realign

allen@sulaco.Sigma.COM (Allen Gwinn) (01/19/90)

In article <33367@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> guthrie@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Steve and Beth) writes:

>Since reacting to these posts only seems to propagate them, I suggest
>this be the last post.

Brilliant observation.  So why did you post this to begin with... especially
in alt.flame when by your own admission this sort of thing tends to propagate
that sort of thing.  You must think you possess the divine gift of the
net.last.word or something.

>Obviously the newsgroups line was in error, so readers of
>rec.arts.tv.soaps asked you edit the newsgroups line.

...but they don't mind reading *your* followups, huh?

>Not a hefty
>request, actually quite reasonable.  And the reaction to the
>profane diatribe was well put and well deserved.

Profanity?  I haven't noticed any fucking profanity in any of the

>It seems on the NET, that men with NO social lives, and obviously
>psychological problems, and some women too, particpate in
>nonsensical flaming.

Thats right.  And when we're done flaming, we stuff broccoli in
our ears and go post in talk.bizarre.  ...of course we wipe the
cheesy stuff off of the broccoli before hand.

>They make up for their lack of a LIFE
>by invading others.  We are not interested, and never will
>be.

Kinda like saying "you can't fuck with our minds... we wear cerebral
chastity belts", huh?

>Your audience awaits you in alt.flame, now PLEASE stay out of
>rec.arts.tv.soaps before someone has to write your sysadmin
>who will direct you to read newusers.  Thanks.

Oh would you please?  I've been really interested in reading newusers
but just lacked the motivation.  Perhaps between the two of us, we
can solve that.  Thanks in advance.

--
Allen Gwinn  sulaco!allen      DISCLAIMER: So SUE me... see if I care.
      "The finest nose in the world... hand picked by Juan Valdez"

rcf@pnet01.cts.com (Bob Forsythe) (01/20/90)

allen@sulaco.Sigma.COM (Allen Gwinn) writes:
>In article <33367@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> guthrie@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Steve and Beth) writes:
>

>>It seems on the NET, that men with NO social lives, and obviously
>>psychological problems, and some women too, particpate in
>>nonsensical flaming.
>

>--
>Allen Gwinn  sulaco!allen      DISCLAIMER: So SUE me... see if I care.
>      "The finest nose in the world... hand picked by Juan Valdez"
>                 >>>>> VOTE NOW!  T?D FOR NET.IDIOT <<<<<

     Ya know what amazes me?  That someone who actually *knows* enough about
soap operas to be able to spend time in a conference discussing them would
suggest that others on the net have no social lives.

Bob c/o The OTH Gang
rcf@pnet01.cts.com