[aus.tex] EmTeX Fonts

gar@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Greg Restall) (02/28/91)

Thanks to all who sent information regarding .fli files.
I got them from monash, and they are now residing on the
PC quite nicely.  Now I have another problem.  When I
try to use the things, I get errors, like that it is
looking for files like lj_1500.fli.  I find this odd,
seeing I have files like lj_n.fli, where n=0 to 6. (And
there is a 5a and 5b, instead of just one.)  Along
with that, the distribution says that there are 8 files
on 5 HD disks.  I've got 9 files.  Is the problem that
the lj_5.fli file must be stuck back together?  If so,
how?  And why on earth is it looking for files I haven't
got?  As you can tell, I'm a bit confused.

Does anyone have an answer?

Greg Restall.

rjl@monu1.cc.monash.oz ( r lang) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb27.230222.4402@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU>, gar@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Greg Restall) writes:
> When I try to use the things, I get errors, like that it is
> looking for files like lj_1500.fli.
You have an old version of the emTeX dvi drivers.  Get the new
version from the same place you got the .fli files.

> I find this odd,
> seeing I have files like lj_n.fli, where n=0 to 6. (And
> there is a 5a and 5b, instead of just one.)
The old .fli files used pxl sizes.  The news .fli files use
magstep sizes.  lj_0.fli contains all the magstep 0 fonts.

> Along with that, the distribution says that there are 8 files
> on 5 HD disks.  I've got 9 files.  Is the problem that
> the lj_5.fli file must be stuck back together?
No.  The 9th file is a new one called lj_sli.fli (lj_6.fli does not exist).
This contains the SliTeX visible fonts.

--
Russell Lang   Email: rjl@monu1.cc.monash.edu.au   Phone: (03) 565 3460
Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering