[net.followup] Classic Coke

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (07/12/85)

]From: evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus)
]
]Wait till Pepsi's new commercials come out!  (and what will Bill Cosby drink?)
]--Evan Marcus

I wondered about that too. Coca Cola Classic is going to be an interesting
product to market. I assume they will have to appeal more to the "baseball,
hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet" part of the market. As experts have
stated, it was these people who caused much of the commotion since they
felt that part of America was being taken away.

Coca Cola (the stuff that's been around since 4/23) will probably go on
trying to appeal the the young, active culture (Pepsi's "new generation").

I wonder who Coke will use as a spokesman for Coca Cola Classic. The only
commercial I have seen so far showed the president of the company. Could
Bill Cosby do it? I'm not sure that he now has enough credibility with Coke
drinkers to make statements about Coca Cola Classic. After all, one of his
present commercials has him saying how he liked the taste of old Coke, but
thinks that the new taste is the greatest taste "in the history of... ever!"

(By the way, this might make an interesting topic for a net.flame
discussion- does Bill Cosby really believe in the products he advertises or
will he say anything for a company that pays him enough?)

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

terryl@tekcrl.UUCP (07/13/85)

>I wonder who Coke will use as a spokesman for Coca Cola Classic. The only
>commercial I have seen so far showed the president of the company. Could
>Bill Cosby do it? I'm not sure that he now has enough credibility with Coke
>drinkers to make statements about Coca Cola Classic. After all, one of his
>present commercials has him saying how he liked the taste of old Coke, but
>thinks that the new taste is the greatest taste "in the history of... ever!"

>(By the way, this might make an interesting topic for a net.flame
>discussion- does Bill Cosby really believe in the products he advertises or
>will he say anything for a company that pays him enough?)

       I've always wondered about that myself. I thought he wasn't sincere
enough in the new commercials proclaiming "...the new taste is the greatest.."