Date: Wed, 12 Sep 90 10:59:52 EST
From: Eric the Young <eay@surf.sics.bu.oz>
To: raob@mullian.ee.mu.oz
Subject: Here comes eBones (Bones with encryption)

Greetings again, I am sending you what I am calling my finished version
of eBones-p9 (Bones patchlevel 9 with encryption put back in).
Could you please announce their availability it whichever news groups
since our news is dodgy again (bunyip at Queensland Uni is one sick
machine :-(.
Could you please attach the following to your announcement.
------
I have finally finished re-implementation of encryption in Bones.
The following are the still existing problems.

- The des routines need to be compatible with MIT version.
They are not currently.  Soon I will have access to binary version of
MITs routines (they are shipped with ultrix 4) and I will attempt
(by brute force if needed :-) to make all of my routines 100% compatible
with the ultrix version.  This new version will be released when in the
next few weeks (I hope :-).

- rlogin -x and rcp -x could have problems when working with MIT's version

- Since I am about to get snowed under with other work,
I am sending out my version of encrypting Bones without as much
testing as I would like.  All the programs work here on the vax
architecture but I have not been able to test them on 68000, sparc or MIPS
processors yet.  If there are any problems/fixes needed, please
send them to me.

The files are as follows
-rw-r--r--  1 eay      system      32990 Sep 12 10:32 eBones-p9-des.tar.Z
-rw-------  1 eay      system       1178 Sep 12 10:49 eBones-p9.12-9-90
-rw-r--r--  1 eay      system       1157 Sep 12 10:32 eBones-p9.README
-rw-r--r--  1 eay      system      16383 Sep 12 10:32 eBones-p9.patch.Z
-rw-r--r--  1 eay      system     665774 Sep 12 10:33 eBones-p9.tar.Z

eBones-p9.patch.Z is the compessed patch for Bones (patchlevel 9)
that puts back the calls to the des encryption libraries.

eBones-p9-des.tar.Z is a compressed tar file of MIT compatible
des encryption routines.  Install these routines in src/lib/des.

eBones-p9.tar.Z is a compressed tar file of Bones (patchlevel 9)
with the eBones-p9.patch applied and eBones-p9-des.tar.Z installed.

eBones-p9.README should be read for info about installing my changes.

eBones-p9.12-9-90 my comments on this release of eBones.

eric

(eay@surf.sics.bu.oz.au)