[comp.os.mach] Info on MACH

rich@gemed (08/18/89)

I'm interested in learning more about MACH.  Where do I start?

Is it possible to get a copy of the OS without having to pay
millions?  8^)

Thanks for your help,
rich

Richard B. Ralston              | ...it was the voice of Jesus,
G.E. Medical Systems            | and I heard him say,
PO Box 414                      | "Got an Angel riding shotgun,
Milwaukee, WI 53201-414         | and he's riding with you all the way."
                                |                  -Daniel Amos
gemed!starwolf!rich@crd.ge.com
sun!sunbird!gemed!starwolf!rich

eht@f.word.cs.cmu.edu (Eric Thayer) (08/18/89)

In article <886@mrsvr.UUCP> rich@gemed () writes:

>I'm interested in learning more about MACH.  Where do I start?
>
>Is it possible to get a copy of the OS without having to pay
>millions?  8^)

I'm not sure what you mean by a "copy" (i.e. if you want sources), but
one good way to learn about Mach is to get a NeXT (hopefully released to
the world next month sometime via Businessland).  They have put together
some good doc's on Mach messaging/etc.  Hopefully, $13K is not millions
for you. :-)
--
Eric H. Thayer      School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon
(412) 268-7679      5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

tom@ismdqa.intel.com (Tom Soukup ~) (08/18/89)

In article <886@mrsvr.UUCP> rich@gemed () writes:

>I'm interested in learning more about MACH.  Where do I start?

I'd like to learn more about MACH too.  Is there any generic info that
someone could post to this group?

Tom
DISCLAMER:  Intel doesn't agree with much of anything that I say.
UUCP:	{amdcad,decwrl,hplabs,oliveb,pur-ee,qantel}!intelca!mipos3!ismdqa!tom
ARPA:	tom%ismdqa.intel.com@relay.cs.net       CSNET:	tom@ismdqa.intel.com