[comp.os.mach] NeXT, are they on the net?

bryanc@haddock.ima.isc.com (Bryan Cote) (08/19/89)

Does anyone know if NeXT has a node on the net, much less subscribing to
this news group?

eht@f.word.cs.cmu.edu (Eric Thayer) (08/20/89)

NeXT, Inc. has a machine on the internet.  It is NeXT.COM.
--
Eric H. Thayer      School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon
(412) 268-7679      5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

dcarpent@sjuvax.UUCP (D. Carpenter) (08/21/89)

In article <14346@haddock.ima.isc.com> bryanc@haddock.ima.isc.com (Bryan Cote) writes:
>Does anyone know if NeXT has a node on the net, much less subscribing to
>this news group?

People from NeXT monitor comp.sys.next, and occasionally post replies
to queries there.  To date there has been very little discussion of
Mach, however.  But in general, activity on comp.sys.next has been
pretty high, and NeXT's participation has been steady.
David Carpenter            dcarpent@sjuvax.UUCP
St. Joseph's University    dcarpent%sjuvax.sju.edu@relay.cs.net
Philadelphia, PA  19131    ST_JOSEPH@HVRFORD.BITNET

robert@trwind.UUCP (Robert W. Snyder) (08/23/89)

Robert Snyder

>Does anyone know if NeXT has a node on the net, much less subscribing to
>this news group?

Check out comp.sys.next, I have seen NeXT employees post items
there.  I seem to remember the poster that I have seen uses a
machine at Stanford to Post from.

--
Robert Snyder       Disclaimer  --  nobody claims dis, but me
TRW Information Networks Division 23800 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance CA 90505

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (08/23/89)

>>Does anyone know if NeXT has a node on the net, much less subscribing to
>>this news group?

% host next.com
next.com has address 129.18.1.2
next.com mail is handled by next.com