[comp.os.mach] ISIS & Camelot Dox

b-jones@ttidca.TTI.COM (Bill Jones) (10/11/89)

Would someone please email to me copies of articles or documents which
describe CMU's ISIS tool kit and Camelot distributed transaction-processing
system? Pointers to said documents would be appreciated, but I'd really
prefer to get hold of the actual verbage ASAP.

Thanx in advance.

ken@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Ken Birman) (10/11/89)

In article <6778@ttidca.TTI.COM> b-jones@ttidca.tti.com (Bill Jones) writes:

>Would someone please email to me copies of articles or documents which
>describe CMU's ISIS tool kit....

Ahem...

(ISIS is a Cornell project!  We have ported it to Mach -- we like Mach --
but it isn't a CMU "sanctioned" effort or a part of Mach, per se...
Camelot was done by the CMU ITC project under Alfred Spector's direction
and I think they have a book out, or coming out, on the system.

We also have a newsgroup, comp.sys.isis, in which we have been answering
questions about the system and posting bug reports, etc.

I'll send a little "blurb" on ISIS to you.  Anyone else who wants
papers or information, or this blurb, should email to croft@cs.cornell.edu)

mustard@sdrc.UUCP (Sandy Mustard) (10/13/89)

In article <6778@ttidca.TTI.COM>, b-jones@ttidca.TTI.COM (Bill Jones) writes:

> Would someone please email to me copies of articles or documents which
> describe CMU's ISIS tool kit and Camelot distributed transaction-processing
> system?

I would like information about Camelot also. (I already have ISIS.)

Thanks
Sandy Mustard
mustard@sdrc.UU.NET