[comp.os.mach] Mach for 386 architectures

crm@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Charlie Martin) (12/15/89)

Is anyone aware of a port of Mach to 386 architectures?  I plan on
buying a 386-based PC in the near future, and would like to have a
real operating system for it.

Thx,

Charlie Martin (crm@cs.duke.edu,mcnc!duke!crm)

af@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Alessandro Forin) (12/21/89)

In article <16489@duke.cs.duke.edu>, crm@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Charlie Martin) writes:

> Is anyone aware of a port of Mach to 386 architectures?  I plan on
> buying a 386-based PC in the near future, and would like to have a
> real operating system for it.
>
> Thx,
>
> Charlie Martin (crm@cs.duke.edu,mcnc!duke!crm)

Go ahead with your shopping.  The port was done jointly by
an Intel/Olivetti/Prime consortium, with lots of help from our side.
I am not going to tell you how to get it though, someone could kill me
if I did :-)). But rest assured you'll see it around pretty soon.

sandro-

fdr@masscomp.ccur.com (Franklin Reynolds) (01/04/90)

I have heard rumors that the Prime/Intel/others Mach effort
has been abandoned. Does anyone know whether this is true?
If true, are there any other prospects for a port of Mach
to the 386 ?

   Franklin Reynolds
   fdr@westford.ccur.com
   {uunet,harvard,mit-eddie,ulowell}!masscomp!fdr

joel@nosun.UUCP (Joel Clark) (01/05/90)

In article <6437@masscomp.ccur.com> fdr@joy.UUCP (Franklin Reynolds) writes:
>I have heard rumors that the Prime/Intel/others Mach effort
>has been abandoned. Does anyone know whether this is true?
>If true, are there any other prospects for a port of Mach
>to the 386 ?
>
>   Franklin Reynolds
>   fdr@westford.ccur.com
>   {uunet,harvard,mit-eddie,ulowell}!masscomp!fdr

This is not true, but I am not the one working on it.

Joel Clark
Intel Scientific Computers