[comp.os.mach] Status of Mac II Mach port

kempf@tci.bell-atl.com (Cory Kempf) (02/02/90)

bradf@tekig3.PEN.TEK.COM (Brad Figg) writes:

>What is the current status of the Mac II port of Mach?  Has Apple decided
>what it wants done?  Can I get it? How?

Last I heard, Mt Xinu was doing a version of Mach for the Mac.  Is
apple now doing one also?

+C
--
Cory Kempf		Technology Concepts	     phone: (508) 443-7311 x341
uucp:	{anywhere}!uunet!tci!kempf, kempf@tci.bell-atl.com

Rick.Rashid@CS.CMU.EDU (02/02/90)

The status of the Mac is similar to that of the 386.   Mach is
indeed running at CMU on a variety of Mac machines with
MMU support.  The work was done by the staff of the
CMU university computing center under a
contract to Apple.  No decision has yet been made on how a
distribution would be accomplished but I will certainly
make that information available to readers of this mailing
list when I know what is going to happen.

-Rick