[comp.os.mach] Status -- NetMemoryServer?

georgeb@fai.UUCP (George Bosworth) (03/06/90)

I would like to learn the status of Mach's Network Memory Server.
or NetMemoryServer. This is the server that extends memory sharing
across a network.

Specifically, is it included in the Mach 2.5 release?

George Bosworth                        uunet!fai.com!georgeb
Fujitsu America Inc.
San Jose CA
408/432-1300 X 5033

af@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Alessandro Forin) (03/06/90)

In article <2751@fai.UUCP>, georgeb@fai.UUCP (George Bosworth) writes:
> I would like to learn the status of Mach's Network Memory Server.
>
> Specifically, is it included in the Mach 2.5 release?
>
> George Bosworth                        uunet!fai.com!georgeb

The server has been operational here at CMU since about November 1988,
with at least one major project using it extensively across two
Encore Multimaxen on a daily basis.  Other projects elsewhere
use it for various purposes, for instance to provide SysV shared memory
semantics on top of Mach.

Yes, It is in the 2.5 tape.

Comments, improvements, suggestions are all quite welcome.

sandro-