[comp.os.mach] CAMELOT

mciver@boulder.Colorado.EDU (William McIver Jr.) (06/15/90)

I need references to the MACH extension called CAMELOT.

The only information I have is a panel abstract from an
ACM SIGMOD Proceedings ( 1987 ??).

CAMELOT was supposed to include Transaction Management
and Recovery services, which would provide greater
operating system support for DBMSs.

Thank You.

WJM

dowlati@mips2.cr.bull.com (Saadat Dowlati) (06/16/90)

I, too, am interested in learning about any *recent* papers and the
current status of and future plans for Camelot project at Carnegie Mellon
University. Are there any other institutions (academic or commercial) doing
any Camelot related work. Thanks.
--
Saadat Dowlati		   Affiliation:	Bull HN Information Systems, Inc.
Voice:	(508) 671-3426			300 Concord Road

mciver@boulder.Colorado.EDU (William McIver Jr.) (06/16/90)

In article <1990Jun15.173440.7515@mips2.cr.bull.com> dowlati@mips2.cr.bull.com (Saadat Dowlati) writes:
>I, too, am interested in learning about any *recent* papers and the
>current status of and future plans for Camelot project at Carnegie Mellon
>University. Are there any other institutions (academic or commercial) doing
>any Camelot related work. Thanks.
>--
>Saadat Dowlati		   Affiliation:	Bull HN Information Systems, Inc.
>Voice:	(508) 671-3426			300 Concord Road
>Fax:	(508) 671-3807			Billerica, Massachusetts 01821
>E-mail:	dowlati@mips2.cr.bull.com       M/S MA30-826A

----------------------
I received the following references in response to my query about
CAMELOT.

The reference given in the paper
"The duality of memory and communication in the implementation of a
multiprocessor operating system", 11th ACM Sym Op. Sys. Principles,
Young et al.

was

Spector, A. Z. NATO Advanced Study institute - Computer and Systems
Sciences. Volume: Distributed Transaction Processing and the Camelot
System.
In "Distributed Operating Systems: Theory and Practice", Yakup Paker, Ed.
Springer-Verlag, 1987.

Also available as CMU tech report CMU-CS-87-100, January 1987

-----------------

In addition, I found the following tech reports here in our
department.

Jeffrey L. Eppinger, Virtual Memory Management for Transaction
                     Processing Systems, February 1989,
                     CMU-CS-89-115 (his dissertation)

Dean Spencer Daniels, Distributed Logging for Transaction Processing,
                     December 1988, CMU-CS-89-114 (his dissertation)

They reference other papers by Alfred Spector in the following:

IEEE Trans. on Software Engineering, June 1985.

Proceeding of the 10th Symposium on Operating System Principles, 1985

Database Engineering, December 1986 (also as tech report CMU-CS-86-166 )

Proceedings of COMPCON 88, February 1988.

WJM