[comp.os.mach] MACH on Motorola 88k

jjh@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (James J. Hunt) (06/09/90)

Is MACH available on any 88k platform, or is anyone working on such a port?
We are looking into using the 88k for our next generation parallel processor;
and we would like to experiment with MACH on an 88k workstation.  Please
respond to jjh@xn.ll.mit.edu.

	Thanks in advance,
	JJHunt

alan@encore.encore.COM (Alan Langerman) (06/09/90)

> Subject: MACH on Motorola 88k
> Is MACH available on any 88k platform, or is anyone working on such a port?

Encore is porting Mach to the 88k on two platforms, one sooner and one later.
While these ports will not be in the public domain, source code will be
available to appropriately licensed institutions.

-----
Alan Langerman		(alan@encore.com)

proj@nff.ncl.omron.co.jp (Hiroshi Kuribayashi) (06/09/90)

In article <1888@xn.LL.MIT.EDU> jjh@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (James J. Hunt) writes:

   >>Is MACH available on any 88k platform, or is anyone working on such a port?

OMRON will be distribute LUNA-88k machine.
That is working Mach2.5 with 4 88k processors.

If you have interest this machine, please contact
	hit@nff.ncl.omron.co.jp
	or
	mark@oas.omron.com

--
			 Hiroshi Kuribayashi
	       RNB, Computer Technology R&D laboratory

bowen@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Devon E Bowen) (06/17/90)

In article <1888@xn.LL.MIT.EDU>, jjh@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (James J. Hunt) writes:
|> Is MACH available on any 88k platform, or is anyone working on such a port?
|> We are looking into using the 88k for our next generation parallel
processor;
|> and we would like to experiment with MACH on an 88k workstation.  Please
|> respond to jjh@xn.ll.mit.edu.

Other than the Encore port just posted, I know about two ports. One is
complete from a group in Japan and the other is just starting in Sweden.
I don't know enough about Mach to give you versions and stuff but I can
mail you the addresses if you're interested. By the way, both these
ports are using slightly modified a.out executable formats so you can
forget about 88 Open.

Devon