[comp.os.mach] binary Mach distribution for 386

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (12/27/90)

I received a postcard in the mail today from MtXinu, announcing that
in late January, they'll begin shipping a binary distribution of Mach
for AT-bus 386 machines.  This will include the 4.3BSD emulator, but
no ATT or BSD source license will be required to acquire the binary
distribution.  Distribution options will include (a) the base system,
(b) networking, (c) X, and (d) on-line documents.  They'll have more
literature available in mid-Janary, including required and supported
devices, etc.  What's more, they'll have special show prices at
Uniforum in Dallas, Jan 22-24.

I have no connection with MtXinu, except as an excited anticipant.
Hmmm, what's the going rate on a 386 laptop?

shore@mtxinu.COM (Melinda Shore) (12/28/90)

In article <BOB.90Dec26172306@volitans.MorningStar.Com> bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) writes:
>This will include the 4.3BSD emulator, but
>no ATT or BSD source license will be required to acquire the binary
>distribution.

This should probably be clarified.  What we're distributing will be
based on an enhanced Mach 2.5 kernel, which means that the BSD
environment is native.  I should also point out that the BSD stuff
is 4.3-tahoe, including the TCP/IP.
--
               Hardware brevis, software longa
Melinda Shore                                 shore@mtxinu.com