[comp.os.mach] SCSI Driver for MACH ?

stu@tandem.com (Stuart G. Phillips) (06/15/91)

Does anyone have a SCSI driver for MACH targetted at any of the PC-AT or
clone cards ?

I'm looking for the source of one to build into a MACH kernel before sitting
down and writing one myself !

Any pointers would be most welcome !
Thanks
Stu

lance@motcsd.csd.mot.com (lance.norskog) (06/22/91)

stu@tandem.com (Stuart G. Phillips) writes:

>Does anyone have a SCSI driver for MACH targetted at any of the PC-AT or
>clone cards ?

>I'm looking for the source of one to build into a MACH kernel before sitting
>down and writing one myself !

I would recommend first writing a SCSI MIG protocol, so that you can write
generic SCSI-MIG disk, tape, CDROM, scanner, etc. drivers which then talk
SCSI-MIG commands to your SCSI driver.  Every UNIX I've seen that
supports SCSI has a multiplexor like this, but the mux is ad hoc and
difficult to re-use for funky devices like scanners.

Or networks: SCSI is several times faster than Ethernet,
and makes a a great IP transport for a few computers close together.

Mach 3.0 needs an official SCSI MIG protocol.

Lance