[comp.sys.next] Compatable?

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David L. Williams) (10/24/88)

>In article <9646@swan.ulowell.edu> rsilvers@hawk.ulowell.edu (Robert Silvers) writes:
>>     Well, it looks like an ok machine, but is it IBM PC compatable?
>>                     Sorry, its a bad joke.

>I wonder if a clever hacqeur could do an 8088 emulation in the DSP's
>microcode assembler?

>Unfortunately, your Flight Simulator would have to slow down when
>you're synthesizing J. D. Crowe.

Actually, it will be trivial for the NeXT machine to be MS-DOS compatible as
Insignia Software would just have to recompile Soft PC (their DOS machine
emulator) to run on the NeXT OS. Remember they already have it for the Mac
OS and A/UX, as well as SunOS I think.

Now If someone would write a Mac OS emulator for the NeXT machine then we'll
be in business!!