[comp.sys.next] I Hereby Copywrite the Phrase "Next Year"

forrest@ux1.lbl.gov (Jon Forrest) (10/25/88)

In an attempt to prevent abuse in advertising, I hereby
copywrite the phrase "Next Year". If NeXT wants to use
this phrase in their litterature they should contact me.

Jon Forrest		Lawrence Berkeley Lab., 486-4991
forrest@lbl.gov			(internet)
ucbvax!lbl-csam!ux1!forrest	(uucp)
FORREST@LBL			(bitnet)

In article <1168@helios.ee.lbl.gov> forrest@ux1.lbl.gov (Jon Forrest) writes:
>In an attempt to prevent abuse in advertising, I hereby
>copywrite the phrase "Next Year". If NeXT wants to use
>this phrase in their litterature they should contact me.

Hmm..  What are we going to do about the Next President?  Guess it's
neither Bush nor Dukakis, but Steve Jobs.

Keith Doyle
#  {ucbvax,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd  Contel Business Systems 213-323-8170

jl3j+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Robert Leavitt) (10/26/88)

I think we'd all be a little more impressed with your wit if you'd spelled
copyRIGHT correctly...

                                 -John.

cenkl@linus.UUCP (Michal Cenkl) (11/01/88)

In article <1168@helios.ee.lbl.gov> forrest@ux1.lbl.gov (Jon Forrest) writes:
>In an attempt to prevent abuse in advertising, I hereby
>copywrite the phrase "Next Year". If NeXT wants to use
>this phrase in their litterature they should contact me.
>
>Jon Forrest		Lawrence Berkeley Lab., 486-4991
>forrest@lbl.gov			(internet)
>ucbvax!lbl-csam!ux1!forrest	(uucp)
>FORREST@LBL			(bitnet)

Hmmm... not certain what value your netstatement would have even if you had
declared that you had trademarked the phrase unless you had actually
applied for and been granted a registered trademark.

-mike

mikem@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Mike Morton) (11/02/88)

In article <1168@helios.ee.lbl.gov> forrest@ux1.lbl.gov (Jon Forrest) writes:
>In an attempt to prevent abuse in advertising, I hereby
>copywrite the phrase "Next Year". If NeXT wants to use
>this phrase in their literature they should contact me.

Presumably the folks who publish PCWeek and MacWeek will bring out a rag
for Jobs' new machine.  Gee, do you think they'll call it "NeXTWeek"?

Remember, you read it here first.

As long as we're naming things, how about if we emphasize the laser in
the optical floppy and call it a "lazy"?

 -- Mike Morton // P.O. Box 11378, Honolulu, HI  96828, (808) 676-6966 HST
      Internet: msm@ceta.ics.hawaii.edu
    (anagrams): Mr. Machine Tool; Ethical Mormon; Chosen Immortal