[comp.sys.next] Subject: Re: Voice Mail Format -- I sure hope this isn't final.

watson@ames.arc.nasa.gov (John S. Watson) (12/13/88)

[eat me!]

In Article 1025 <18109@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> izumi@violet.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) writes:
> Are you sure that this is the format NeXT voice mail is transmitted
> over the net?  I grabbed that file, and it was HUGE.
> At 8 kbytes/second of voice, I am not sure if anyone can tolerate
> the traffic.
>
> A lot of foreign e-mail addressees pay  $$$ per kilobyte of
> messages RECEIVED and transmitted.  I think Japanese users pay
> something like $1.00/kilobyte.  That comes to $8/second!

This is how the US is going to balance the trade deficit from now on. :-)

--
John S. Watson, Civil Servent from Hell        ARPA: watson@ames.arc.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center                      UUCP:  ...!ames!watson