[comp.sys.next] NeXT contact points

beta_8@flat.dec.com (Lang Zerner) (01/26/89)

In his article on technical documentation, Eric H. Thayer writes:
> Call up NeXT (East or West)

What is NeXT East?  And from what source (other than this newsgroup) can
one obtain similar information?
--Lang Zerner

Internet: langz@athena.mit.edu       UUCP: ...!decvax!athena.mit.edu!langz
"Man who wake up famous has not been sleeping."  --Fortune cookie

c9c-aa@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU (Brad Post) (01/27/89)

In article <8901261106.AA03452@decwrl.dec.com> beta_8@flat.dec.com (Lang Zerner) writes:
>In his article on technical documentation, Eric H. Thayer writes:
>> Call up NeXT (East or West)
>
>What is NeXT East?  And from what source (other than this newsgroup) can
>one obtain similar information?

Well I don't know who NeXT East is, but NeXT is located in Palo Alto, and
if you really want to get some documentation for it, you have to write to them.
The only thing that you get is a "booklet" that tells very little about the
system, but just gets you started.  The REAL Documentation is $395.00 w/o the
tax. If you are interested, you should mail to:

	NeXT Techinal Services
	3475 Deer Creek Road
	Palo Alto, CA 94304

	FAX (415) 857-1767

And mail a check for the amount above, plus tax (if in CA), and they should
get you the documentation, I think it's called the Developer's Documentation.
You might want to call NeXT @415-424-0200, and ask what the specific name of
the documentation is off hand.

They also told me, that they would get me the documentation ASAP, I just
ordered it four days ago.

Brad Post
ARPA:  bpost@violet.Berkeley.Edu
UUCP:  ...ucbvax!violet!bpost

flynn@pixel.cps.msu.edu (Patrick J. Flynn) (01/27/89)

In article <9143@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> bpost@violet.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Brad Post) writes:

> The REAL Documentation is $395.00 w/o the tax.

Hmm. What's the difference between this $395 documentation and the $250
documentation that I have an order form for?  On my form, it's called
the `NeXT Preliminary Documentation', and the $250 gets you the 0.8
version and all updates up to and including the 1.0 release.

--
Patrick Flynn, PRIP Lab, Dept. of Computer Science, Michigan State University
flynn@cps.msu.edu    uunet!frith!flynn    FLYNN@MSUEGR.BITNET

johng@ecrcvax.UUCP (John Gregor) (02/04/89)

In article <9143@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> bpost@violet.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Brad Post) writes:

>The REAL Documentation is $395.00 w/o the
>tax. If you are interested, you should mail to:

Has anybody ordered and received this yet?  I'd like to hear an overview
of what is and isn't included.  The order form has no useful information
other than the price and the address (a table of contents would have
been nice).
				Thanks