[comp.sys.next] does NeXT have an escape key?

kelley@cs.dal.ca (Dan E. Kelley) (02/27/89)

I've heard that NeXT has no escape key. Is this true? How could
I use 'vi'?

|---------------------------------------------------|
| Dan Kelley                                        |
| Department of Oceanography                        |
| Dalhousie University                              |
| Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA B3H 4J1              |
| (902)424-1694                                     |
|                                                   |
| UUCP            {uunet utai watmath}!dalcs!kelley |
| CDN             kelley@cs.dal.ca                  |
| INTERNET        kelley%dalcs@uunet.UU.NET         |
----------------------------------------------------|

zdenko@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Zdenko Tomasic) (02/27/89)

In article <3202@cs.dal.ca> kelley@cs.dal.ca (Dan E. Kelley) writes:

>I've heard that NeXT has no escape key. Is this true? How could
                             ^^^^^^^^^^
				     use control-[
>I use 'vi'?
>
>| Dan Kelley                                        |

I don't know if NeXT is actually missing ESC key, but there is always a
workaround.
Zdenko Tomasic, UWM, Chem. Dept., P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201
UUCP: uwvax!uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!zdenko
ARPA: zdenko@csd4.milw.wisc.edu

drh@notecnirp.Princeton.EDU (Dave Hanson) (02/28/89)

>In article <3202@cs.dal.ca> kelley@cs.dal.ca (Dan E. Kelley) writes:
>>
>>I've heard that NeXT has no escape key. Is this true? How could

mine does

kean@mist.cs.orst.edu (Kean Stump) (02/28/89)

In my previous message I said "The escape key lives in the upper right
corner of the keyboard...."

Whups! Upper left corner of keyboard, I meant.
Oregon State University                          Kean Stump
College of Oceanography                          kean@cs.orst.edu
Corvallis, Oregon                       {tektronix,hp-pcd}!orstcs!kean
"Opinions Free. Inquire within" 	{tektronix,hp-pcd}!orstcs!shatter!kean