Date:         Sun, 26 Feb 89 21:13:32 EDT
From: ULMO031%FRORS12.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

Hello all.
I am looking for a picture of the cube. Does somebody have that on the net ?
If yes, be kind enough to send it to me (in GIF file preferred, but
any *COLOR* format that will fit for a Mac II is all right)
Thanks

Date:         Mon, 27 Feb 89 12:54:38 CST
From: Mike Partridge <partridg%umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject:      Terminal 0.82 launches with application

Does anyone know why the "Terminal 0.82" application launches along with
applications which have been constructed by the Interface Builder?  It only
happens when the launch occurs from the Workspace Manager, not from a Shell.
I've noticed this with the calculator demos and with a simple program I wrote
myself (which used the Interface Builder and my own View subclass).
I'd like to prevent this from happening so my application's window can be
active
after launch without requiring a click to be selected.
Thanks!

Date:         Sun, 26 Feb 89 23:43:57 EST
From: Rob Tippenhauer <RT2BOPER%MIAMIU.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject:      A Grab bag of questions.

We have had NeXT machines on campus for about 3 and a half weeks and in
that time I have come up with a few (many?) questions that I can't
seem to find in the documentation.

1. How do I associate ICON information with a application I have built.

2. How do I print PostScript file (a file which I have filled with
   PostScript commands)

3. In the Interface Builder, I have associated a "Song/Sound" with a button
   and want to make a second button to stop the playing of the sound.

4. Where can I purchase Objective C material? The 800 number in the
   suggested reading list doesn't work.

   Well, that should do for now!
                                    -Rob

Date:         Tue, 28 Feb 89 10:17:00 N
From: Ernst '42' Mulder <RCST9%HEITUE5.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject:      Mac OS and Supervisor Mode

 I believe, I may be wrong, that the Mac ALWAYS runs in supervisor
mode. I don't know how this is done on the Mac II but as far as I know
programs on the older Macs run in supervisor mode. I think apple
didn't find it nessesarry to make only the system routines run in
supervisor mode. Hmmm now I come to think of it it might have
something to do with the trap handling. Sorry for being a littlebit
vague, but I had a birthday party last night and had to be at work
at 8am this morning....

 Ernst.

Date:         Tue, 28 Feb 89 23:25:47 EST
From: Alexis Rosen <ALEXIS%CCNYSCI.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Mac OS and Supervisor Mode

The Mac does indeed run in supervisor mode. In 1984 the reasoning went
"that's too far off to worry about, and it won't be too tough to deal
with when we have to..."

While I deplore that type of thinking, I think that in this case the
descision will prove correct. There is nothing in the Mac which fundamentally
depends on the supervisor mode, and it should be the least of Apple's
worries for System 7.0.

Alexis Rosen
alexis@ccnysci.$bitnet,uucp

Date:         Wed, 1 Mar 89 03:26:24 EST
From: Victor Wickerhauser <VICTOR%UGA.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>

Please explain "supervisor mode" to this interested amateur.
Victor Wickerhauser <victor@uga>

-- End of NeXT Digest --