[comp.sys.next] A question of support

phil@eos.UUCP (Phil Stone) (03/29/89)

In article <22149@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) writes:

>The story is that Businessland's price will be more like $10K.  I suspct
>that NeXT is not so interested in universities selling the things as they
>are in having them *support* them.  That's where the major money drain
>is for many companies.  It remains to be seen how the support policies
>on Businessland-marketed machines will go, but a lot of the $10K will
>go to the enduser support budget for NeXT or Businessland, no doubt.

This leads me to ask something that has come up as a major concern
in our evaluation of the NeXT machine.  I have heard that company
hardware/software support is minimal (though Ali Ozer's job title
and helpful comments on this group would seem to say otherwise).
What kind of support is being offered; hotline, bulletin board or
just wishes of good luck?

Thanks for the continued help.

		Phil Stone	 (phil@eos.arc.nasa.gov / ames!eos!phil)