[comp.sys.next] Release 0.9

BSD@PSUVM.BITNET (Scott Dickson) (04/12/89)

What's the word on 0.9?  I understood that it was to be released
on April 10.  Did NeXT make that date?  What sort of distribution
plan is there? <-- Read this, When do I get mine??

--SCott Dickson
Penn State Center for Academic Computing

chari@nueces.UUCP (Chris Whatley) (04/13/89)

In article <89102.102609BSD@PSUVM>, BSD@PSUVM.BITNET (Scott Dickson) writes:
> What's the word on 0.9?  I understood that it was to be released
> on April 10.  Did NeXT make that date?  What sort of distribution
> plan is there? <-- Read this, When do I get mine??

The local Next guy says it ships on Monday. Next telebusiness says
it ships thursday the 13th. Whoever is right, both are soon.

The distribution is being done by mail or ups. The disk (and new
manual I assume) go to the address on your registration card that
I hope people have sent in.

I have nothing to do with Next Inc. aside from being a pest
with lots of questions and owning a really nice cube.

Chris

--
Chris Whatley                              |  "fish.. plate...
!bigtex!nueces!chari@cs.utexas.edu         |   plate of fish..."

labc-4da@e260-4d.berkeley.edu (Bob Heiney) (04/13/89)

In article <89102.102609BSD@PSUVM> BSD@PSUVM.BITNET (Scott Dickson) writes:
>What's the word on 0.9?  I understood that it was to be released
>on April 10.  Did NeXT make that date?  What sort of distribution
>plan is there? <-- Read this, When do I get mine??

Well, at a presentation here at Berkeley on the 11th NeXT said it would be
out within "a few days".  They were running 0.9 on the demos, and some
people who actually have NeXTs here were pleased with the changes.

Bad news for those of you who like Jot.  A NeXT rep. told me it wasn't just
out on 0.9, it's dead.

Anyone have $6500 they don't want?  :-)

| Bob Heiney                         "And in the end, the love you            |
| labc-4da@rosebud.Berkeley.edu       take is equal to the love you make."    |
|                                                     -- The Beatles          |

janin@tybalt.caltech.edu (Adam L. Janin) (04/14/89)

People from NeXT were at Caltech today (4/13).  They said that .9 should
be available by Friday (4/14).  Also, they claimed that 1.0 will be out
by June (yes, of '89 :-)

		Adam Janin
		janin@tybalt.caltech.edu