[comp.sys.next] Plot3D in Mathematica - where are the axes et al ? ...

phcoates@uqvax.decnet.uq.oz (04/17/89)

Has anyone managed to get the Mathematica routine 'Plot3D' to produce numbered
axes?  I seem to be able to change the axis parameters till I go blue in the
face, but the program just seems to ignore the relevant parameters.  The same
applies to plot and axis titles.  Can anyone help me?  Is Steven Wolfram out
there?  Note that these problems are on a *ooh* Mac IIx, using the hardwired
number-crunching version.  Does this happen in other versions?

	Live long and prosper,
							Tony Coates.
Tony Coates,				ACSnet: coates@phvax.decnet.uq.oz
Department of Physics,
The University of Queensland,
St. Lucia.  Queensland.  4067.
Australia.

"The University wouldn't even think of having an opinion, so they're all mine."

chari@nueces.UUCP (Chris Whatley) (04/18/89)

In article <1405@uqvax.decnet.uq.oz>, phcoates@uqvax.decnet.uq.oz writes:
> Has anyone managed to get the Mathematica routine 'Plot3D' to produce numbered
> axes?  I seem to be able to change the axis parameters till I go blue in the
> face, but the program just seems to ignore the relevant parameters.  The same

Well, nobody who has a NeXT has Mathematica yet (at least not for about another
week). But on the Mac and NeXT versions I have used as well as all others
I suppose, you cannot do axes labeling on 3D graphics. I guess you are
trying to use 'AxesLabel' and 'Axes' in conjuction with Plot3D'.

Chris

--
Chris Whatley                              |  "fish.. plate...
!bigtex!nueces!chari@cs.utexas.edu         |   plate of fish..."