[comp.sys.next] Mach-O segments and editing nib files

zelenski@Jessica.stanford.edu (julie zelenski) (05/01/89)

In article <4862@pt.cs.cmu.edu> avie@wb1.cs.cmu.edu (Avadis Tevanian) writes:

>1) While developing, keep your .nib file separate from the binary, in
>the directory with your sources.  Interface Builder will edit it directly
>and you can test your program without recompiling.
>--

It was the default in 0.8 that .nib files were not compiled into
the executable, just load at runtime.  I could change the interface
and test the program without recompiling - that was neat!

However, in 0.9, this is not so.  Is there a simple way with 0.9 to
reproduce this feature (editing the makefile or such)?  I mean, it's
not that time-consuming to recompile when only the .nib file has
changed, but it might be nice to know how to avoid it anyway.
thanks!

julie zelenski
stanford university