[comp.sys.next] Music Kit

boone@oce.orst.edu (Jeff Boone) (05/15/89)

Although the 0.9 music kit is very thorough, I need to do something that
I don't think it supports.

I need to have the output of many unit generators go directly into a sound
object (not to the D/A converter).  Sort of an Out2SumUG with the output
tied to a Sound object.

Anybody have a clue?

----------------
Jeff Boone
boone@oce.orst.edu
College of Oceanography, Oregon State University

ali@polya.Stanford.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (05/16/89)

In article <10621@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> boone@oce.orst.edu (Jeff Boone) writes:
>Although the 0.9 music kit is very thorough, I need to do something that
>I don't think it supports.
>
>I need to have the output of many unit generators go directly into a sound
>object (not to the D/A converter).  Sort of an Out2SumUG with the output
>tied to a Sound object.

Actually the 0.9 MusicKit is not feature complete; so expect more
features and possibly some API changes in 1.0.

I believe the feature you want is planned for the 1.0 release; however,
it might work by taking the output from the MusicKit and putting in a file
that can be loaded into a sound class.

Ali Ozer, NeXT Developer Support
aozer@NeXT.com