[comp.sys.next] Printing in 0.9 Fix

davef@jessica.stanford.edu (David Finkelstein) (05/20/89)

As some people already pointed out, if you kill and restart npd you
should be able to get printing working again (at least until the next
time you log out and back in again).

window server" checked in Preferences, you don't have to keep
restarting npd.  This seems to work (though you should restart the
NeXT cube after everyone's Preferences have been set) for us, though
we have inconsistent success with lpr (I'm running netinfo and it
works for me; someone else isn't and can't get lpr to work properly).

David Finkelstein
Academic Information Resources
Stanford University
davef@jessica.stanford.edu

bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Mike Bell) (05/21/89)

In article <2379@Portia.Stanford.EDU> davef@jessica.stanford.edu (David Finkelstein) writes:

>As some people already pointed out, if you kill and restart npd you
>should be able to get printing working again (at least until the next
>time you log out and back in again).

>window server" checked in Preferences, you don't have to keep
>restarting npd.  This seems to work (though you should restart the
>NeXT cube after everyone's Preferences have been set) for us, though
>we have inconsistent success with lpr (I'm running netinfo and it
>works for me; someone else isn't and can't get lpr to work properly).
>
>David Finkelstein
>Academic Information Resources
>Stanford University
>davef@jessica.stanford.edu

   I also have netinfo turned off, and I cant get lpr to work. A message comes
back saying  "cant start lpd". If I kill lpd and restart it, the document in
the Q starts to print. Does anyone have a fix for this ????

		Mike Bell
		bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

Mike Bell                                     CSnet: BELLMA%ERVX01@dupont.com
Senior Engineer                               Applelink: D2747
DuPont Electronic Imaging
Core Technology Group

            Can YOUR mac play FOOTBALL ????