[comp.sys.next] Host option

jasmerb@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Bryce Jasmer) (06/13/89)

I am having trouble trying to get the "-Host hostname" option to display
applications on other hosts using OS 0.9.

I get the error: "DPS client library error: Could not form connection".
The host I am trying to send to is a NeXT (of course) and is in the
host-table (NetInfo).
Any clues? Has anyone gotten it to work in 0.9?

Bryce Jasmer
jasmerb@hobbes.cs.orst.edu

BTW, what is the -PSName option? what are valid parameters to it (another
hostname?)? and how does -Host and -PSName relate to each other?

ali@polya.Stanford.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (06/14/89)

In article <11125@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> Bryce Jasmer writes:
>I am having trouble trying to get the "-Host hostname" option to display
>applications on other hosts using OS 0.9.

Someone has to be logged into the destination machine and their
"PublicWindowServer" bit has to be set to YES for programs to open
windows on that machine from remote.

Ali Ozer, NeXT Developer Support
aozer@NeXT.com

wsd@cs.brown.edu (06/14/89)

I've asked this before, but have not received any reply:

How do I write one program that puts up windows on several machines?
Is there documentation for the protocol used by the NeXT window server?
Scott Draves		|	Space... The Final Frontier
wsd@cs.brown.edu	|
uunet!brunix!wsd  wsd@browncs.bitnet	Box 2555 Brown U Prov RI 02912