[comp.sys.next] OS 1.0. What's the current target date?

phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (06/16/89)

Does anyone happen to know when System 1.0 is due to replace
0.9? Supposedly, it will fix problems with the serial port
drivers to allow them to run at speeds greater than 1200baud---
reliably.

/ivo

aisl@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Lawrence Landry) (06/21/89)

In article <3869@tank.uchicago.edu> phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>Does anyone happen to know when System 1.0 is due to replace
>0.9?

The latest word that I have heard is late July.

--
Larry Landry
University of Rochester

ags@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman) (06/21/89)

In article <2331@ur-cc.UUCP> aisl@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Lawrence Landry) writes:
>In article <3869@tank.uchicago.edu> phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>>Does anyone happen to know when System 1.0 is due to replace
>>0.9?

>The latest word that I have heard is late July.

According to this week's InfoWorld, the release has been postponed until Fall.

They didn't say what year.

ali@polya.Stanford.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (06/23/89)

In article <3869@tank.uchicago.edu> phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>Does anyone happen to know when System 1.0 is due to replace 0.9?

We expect 1.0 to be ready and shipping in the month of August, probably late
August.

Ali Ozer, NeXT Developer Support
aozer@NeXT.com