[comp.sys.next] how to get a NeXT...

pme@io.UUCP (Paul English x3168) (06/22/89)

I have an idea. Here's how NeXT could generate some hacker enthusiasm
and programming on the NeXT, while doing something fun:

Maybe NeXT should have an informal contest for the best original
program on the NeXT, where the prize would be a NeXT system!  By
entering the contest, the programmer allows his/her program to be
entered into the public domain, and with which NeXT could provide a
directory/disk of the best programs submitted (identifying the
authors, of course).

I'd like to see some hot video games on the NeXT, which show off its
sound capabilities, as well as its graphics.

--
Paul English
  Interleaf: pme@ileaf.com, ...!{sun!sunne,mit-eddie}!ileaf!pme

bruceh@zygot.UUCP (Bruce Henderson) (06/23/89)

> I have an idea. Here's how NeXT could generate some hacker enthusiasm
> and programming on the NeXT, while doing something fun:
>
> Maybe NeXT should have an informal contest for the best original
> program on the NeXT, where the prize would be a NeXT system!  By

Yeah, the only problem is, for the most part, you would need a NeXT to
enter the contest, so then what do you need with annother one??? one
for each hand :-)?

Bruceh@zygot [home of the brave]

--
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bruce Henderson                                       Software Engineer

grabas@m.cs.uiuc.edu (06/23/89)

>> you need a NeXt to enter the contest ....

	Well, If you're in a University which owns NeXts, you can't
	afford buying one, but you like the machine, you can use the
	University's NeXts to enter the contest and then get your own
	beloved box... That makes sense to me, not to you?

		Dominique.

pme@io.UUCP (Paul English x3168) (06/23/89)

In article <1236@zygot.UUCP> bruceh@zygot.UUCP (Bruce Henderson) writes:
>> I have an idea. Here's how NeXT could generate some hacker enthusiasm
>> and programming on the NeXT, while doing something fun:
>> Maybe NeXT should have an informal contest for the best original
>> program on the NeXT, where the prize would be a NeXT system!  By
>Yeah, the only problem is, for the most part, you would need a NeXT to
>enter the contest, so then what do you need with annother one??? one
>for each hand :-)?

Well, most NeXTs that I know about are in universities, thus I would
guess that a very large fraction of NeXT programmers do not own a NeXT
themselves.