[comp.sys.next] patch bug

rrr@cup.portal.com (Roger Rock Rosner) (08/01/89)

I built patch using Steve Dorner's and Chris Watley's suggestions.
Then I tried to apply it to the recent release of cnews with the
result that patch got a segmentation fault after processing most of
the patch file.

A little gdb action shows that savestr() is calling malloc() which
is calling _malloc_debug() which is going flat googoo.

Any ideas?  Anyone get any netnews system up, and, if so, which?

Roger Rosner
Lighthouse Design, Ltd.

chari@nueces.UUCP (Christopher M. Whatley) (08/01/89)

In article <20912@cup.portal.com> rrr@cup.portal.com (Roger Rock Rosner) writes:
>I built patch using Steve Dorner's and Chris Watley's suggestions.
>Then I tried to apply it to the recent release of cnews with the
>result that patch got a segmentation fault after processing most of
>the patch file.

>Any ideas?  Anyone get any netnews system up, and, if so, which?

I did the exact same thing with no problem. Odd. After I got cnews patched,
I couldn't get it running so I backed down to B-news (which works fine
on a NeXT).

If you'd like, I can send people the config scripts. I also have gotten
NN and rn to work with some effort.

Chris