[comp.sys.next] How long for the cube to get here?

smithw@yvax.byu.edu (08/22/89)

We ordered a cube about 4 weeks ago.  What's the average ETA?  I'm
curious to know if any of you have waited *very* long for yours.
Also, is there any word concerning 1.0?  Last I heard was 1st week
of Sept.

Bill Smith
smithw@byuvax
smithw@yvax.byu.edu

dz@kiwi.ucsb.edu (Daniel James Zerkle) (08/22/89)

In article <760smithw@yvax.byu.edu> smithw@yvax.byu.edu writes:

>We ordered a cube about 4 weeks ago.  What's the average ETA?  I'm
>curious to know if any of you have waited *very* long for yours.

No.  We didn't have to what that long.  Contact NeXT and tell them
how long you've been waiting.  It sounds like something is wrong.
>Also, is there any word concerning 1.0?  Last I heard was 1st week
>of Sept.

Last I heard was *middle* of September.

| Dan Zerkle home:(805) 968-4683 morning:961-2434 afternoon:687-0110  |
| dz@cornu.ucsb.edu dz%cornu@ucsbuxa.bitnet ...ucbvax!hub!cornu!dz    |
| Snailmail: 6681 Berkshire Terrace #5, Isla Vista, CA  93117         |
| Disclaimer: If it's wrong or stupid, pretend I didn't do it.        |

jpd00964@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (08/23/89)

/* Written  8:50 pm  Aug 21, 1989 by smithw@yvax.byu.edu in uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.next */
/* ---------- "How long for the cube to get here?" ---------- */

>We ordered a cube about 4 weeks ago.  What's the average ETA?  I'm
>curious to know if any of you have waited *very* long for yours.
>Also, is there any word concerning 1.0?  Last I heard was 1st week
>of Sept.

To be honest, we had beurocracy hassle us for almost a week without even taking
our order, then NeXT cleared it up and we had a machine in less than 3 hours.
We, for one, owe a thank you to NeXT for its support in developers.  A welcome
change that I just want to make public.