[comp.sys.next] NeXT release version 1.0???

yonge@pnet02.gryphon.com (Yam Hui) (09/09/89)

I just read from the Wall Street Journal ( 9/7/89 ) that Steve Jobs had
announced the completion of system software release 1.0, and is ready to
ship 1.0 machines by mid September. Anybody out there knows about this?
How about more details?

Yonge....

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!yonge
INET: yonge@pnet02.gryphon.com

markc@spider.sybase.com (Mark Christiansen) (09/12/89)

Hello,
	The final versions of all third party software was due by 1:00 am on
Saturday, 2 September.  The builds have been taking 3 days with no hang-ups
(though there has been no build as of yet with zero hang-ups) and NeXT can
duplicate 40 disks at a time (I believe) leaving the final ship date at
around the end of this week if all has gone well.
	This is all heresay so if anyone from NeXT would care to comment,
maybe the real schedule may be viewed by the news public.

--Mark Christiansen
Newsgroups: comp.sys.next
Subject: Re: NeXT release version 1.0???