[comp.sys.next] 1.0 File System Circularity

lane@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Christopher Lane) (10/05/89)

I don't know if this is of concern to anyone else but there is a file system
circularity in the 1.0 release, ie:

    /private/tftpboot/private/tftpboot@ -> /

Thus if you try to walk the entire file system (cleaning up those darn .places
files, for example) you'll walk in circles.  Or am I missing the point?

- Christopher

brsmith@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Brian R. Smith) (10/05/89)

lane@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Christopher Lane) writes:
>I don't know if this is of concern to anyone else but there is a file system
>circularity in the 1.0 release, ie:

>    /private/tftpboot/private/tftpboot@ -> /

>Thus if you try to walk the entire file system (cleaning up those darn .places
>files, for example) you'll walk in circles.  Or am I missing the point?

Ah, but "find" doesn't traverse symbolic links, so it doesn't matter
all that much (If you use find to walk the file system, that is.).

Brian
brsmith@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu