[comp.sys.next] Lockscreen program?

walters@chance.uucp (Chris Walters) (10/13/89)

Hello,

I just got the cube yesterday; Wow!

I searched the FDL for references to 'lock' and 'screenlock' etc., but got
no hits...  Is there a screen lock program (similar to lockscreen or xlock)
anywhere?

 -- Chris Walters
    MITRE McLean Software Engineering Laboratory
 	{uunet,...}!gateway!community-chest!walters
	walters@community-chest.mitre.org

jasmerb@prism.cs.orst.edu (Bryce Roger Jasmer) (10/15/89)

In article <73754@linus.UUCP> walters@chance.mitre.org (Chris Walters) writes:
>I searched the FDL for references to 'lock' and 'screenlock' etc., but got
>no hits...  Is there a screen lock program (similar to lockscreen or xlock)
>anywhere?

I have written a screenlock program for the NeXT that worked quite nicely
in OS 0.9. Unfortunately, there is a line of code that I used that no longer
works in 1.0 (this was my fault, it was undocumented and therefore was
"subject to change"). I know there is a way to accomplish what I need to
but I haven't had the chance to sit down and write the code.

I hope to do this very soon, and will let everyone know when I get it done.

Bryce Jasmer
jasmerb@cs.orst.edu