[comp.sys.next] Bitch, bitch, bitch bugs

carlson@lance.tis.llnl.gov (John Carlson) (10/03/89)

1) "file *" seg faults in some places, for example,
in directory /NextDeveloper/Demos/TopologyLab.app.

2)   I see that Shell and Terminal are still source'ing .login.
Grrr...  I did a "Make" under Interface Builder.   This brought up
a Shell window and stuffed the build command after my TERM = (NeXT)
prompt.  Essentially, Interface Builder doesn't expect any prompting
to happen when a Shell starts up.

John "if ( $TERM == 'NeXT' ) exit" Carlson
carlson@tis.llnl.gov

carlson@lance.tis.llnl.gov (John Carlson) (10/04/89)

In article <502@ncis.tis.llnl.gov> carlson@lance.tis.llnl.gov (John Carlson) writes:
>2)   I see that Shell and Terminal are still source'ing .login.

Two people have filled me in on this one.  Could NeXT add a Preferences Panel
to Terminal and Shell?

John "Fine Tuning" Carlson
carlson@tis.lnl.gov

carlson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (10/19/89)

What I really hate is that, I like it that Terminal sources .login,
BUT IT DOESN'T SHOW ME THE OUTPUT FROM IT!
--------------------
Brad Carlson  <carlson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu> or <brad-carlson@uiuc.edu>
University of Illinois--Micro Resource Center--NeXT guru

carlson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (10/19/89)

/* Written  Oct 18, 1989 by carlson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu in comp.sys.next */
>What I really hate is that, I like it that Terminal sources .login,
>BUT IT DOESN'T SHOW ME THE OUTPUT FROM IT!

Err, I goofed that up.  What I meant is that is doesn't show
the things that /bin/login does, i.e.
/etc/motd and "you have new mail".
Brad Carlson  <carlson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu> or <brad-carlson@uiuc.edu>
University of Illinois--Micro Resource Center--NeXT guru

carlson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (10/20/89)

Dang, notes system burped.  Message about /bin/login and
/etc/motd is the intended complaint.