[comp.sys.next] NeXT auto-shutdown?

barry@joshua.math.ucla.edu (Barry Merriman) (10/20/89)

In article <3597@frame.UUCP> glc@frame.com (Greg Cockroft) writes:

>The NeXT machines must have some type of power surge shutdown. The sun on
>my desk didn't stop, but all the NeXT machines in the building shutdown
>when the quake hit.

I noticed this too---last week, some undetermined electrical
event killed my TV set at home. The NeXT was plugged into the
same outlet, and when I came home it was dead. I thought I'd just lost
$10k worth of hardware, until I hit the power-up button, and
it came up and rebooted, no problem. Way to go, NeXT!

But the TV set is not so smart. :-)

BM

(PS: the NeXT was plugged into a surge protector.)