[comp.sys.next] kermit? x

nevai@gem.mps.ohio-state.edu (Paul Nevai) (11/09/89)

I just realized that there is no kermit or xmodem on the cube?
Is this correct? Then how can I download /upload from /to a Mac?
Please email reply!

THANKS!!!

Paul Nevai                            nevai@mps.ohio-state.edu (Internet)
Department of Mathematics             nevai@ohstpy (BITNET)
The Ohio State University             1-(614)-292-5310.office@ans.machine
231 West Eighteenth Avenue            1-(614)-292-4975.department
Columbus, OH 43210-1174               1-(614)-292-3317.secretary
The United States of America          1-(614)-459-5615.fax

In article <249@function.mps.ohio-state.edu>
	nevai@shape.mps.ohio-state.edu () writes:
>I just realized that there is no kermit or xmodem on the cube?
>Is this correct? Then how can I download /upload from /to a Mac?

Complete sources for UNIX kermit are available by anonymous FTP
from watsun.cc.columbia.edu in the kermit/b/ directory.

I've modified Columbia's sources ever so slightly to work on the
NeXT, and a (compressed) executable is available for anonymous
FTP from sutro.sfsu.edu as pub/kermit.Z.  The (compressed)
PostScript version of the documentation is there too as
pub/ckuker.ps.Z.

There is an experimental kermit version available from
watsun.cc.columbia.edu in the kermit/test/ directory.  This one
supposedly "knows about NeXTs" so it should compile without too
much effort.

					-=EPS=-

davis@ee.rochester.edu (Al Davis) (11/22/89)

I ran atom on a sun version of kermit.  It works.

(Atom works on almost anything.)