[comp.sys.next] Fulldumping our NeXT

schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu (12/08/89)

We're trying to do fulldumps to our NeXT's optical disk drive.  But when I
bring it down to single-user mode, it's unable to access it.  Can anyone
help?  How do you do fulldumps to your NeXT?

Thanks.  I tried to RTFM, but didn't find it in the FM.  We're running 1.0,
by the way.
-Mike Schwager
INTERNET:schwager@cs.uiuc.edu               | "
UUCP:{uunet|convex|pur-ee}!uiucdcs!schwager |  	This space intentionally
BITNET:schwager%cs.uiuc.edu@uiucvmd         |  		left blank
University of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |  				"

sstanfie@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (skot) (12/09/89)

In article <61300021@m.cs.uiuc.edu> schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>We're trying to do fulldumps to our NeXT's optical disk drive.  But when I
>bring it down to single-user mode, it's unable to access it.  Can anyone
>help?  How do you do fulldumps to your NeXT?

Well, you first need to mount it.  Try:
mount /dev/rod0a /tmp

(or is it mount /dev/od0a /tmp -- what is the difference between raw and
!raw?)

Then read the post about using dump from gerrit.

--
<<<     sstanfie@polyslo.calpoly.edu
-/-    	Campus Consultant for NeXT