[comp.sys.next] large disk space

dennisg@kgw2.UUCP (Dennis Glatting) (12/06/89)

I need to hook 2GB of fast disk to a NeXT.  well, obviously it'll
be done over SCSI.  anybody know of large capacity drives that'll
do it?  anybody tried it?

--
 dennisg%kgw2%tron.UUCP@umbc3.UMBC.EDU  | Dennis P. Glatting
   I want my own NeXT, 64 MB RAM, 660 MB SCSI, NeXT Printer.

ed@DTG.COM (Edward Jung) (12/09/89)

In article <300@kgw2.UUCP>, dennisg@kgw2 (Dennis Glatting) writes:

>I need to hook 2GB of fast disk to a NeXT.  well, obviously it'll
>be done over SCSI.  anybody know of large capacity drives that'll
>do it?  anybody tried it?

I have tried a variety of CCS (Common Command Set) conformant (at
least the claim of conformance) SCSI disks without much problem.  You
could try to acquire one of the new Imprimis 1.2 GB drives (or two in
your case); I have not tried them.

We have had as many as four devices on-line.  You need to play with
the mounts and disk tables, and should update NetInfo and the standard
/etc tables both.

scsimodes can also help; I believe that it is undocumented, though.

--
Edward Jung                             The Deep Thought Group, L.P.
BIX: ejung                                      3400 Swede Hill Road