[comp.sys.next] Ethernet; Apple vs. 3rd Party

meuchen@grad2.cis.upenn.edu (Paul Eric Menchen) (12/16/89)

In article <23100@brunix.UUCP> rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) writes:
>The main thing with ethernet is, that it does not cost much
>more than appletalk, if you put it on your mainboard. The user
>saves only k$$ because he has not to finance the profit of a
>second company, as you have to if you buy a ethernet card for
>the Mac.

Granted, it might be cheaper (and I emphasize might) to put
ethernet on the motherboard, but ...

While I love my Mac, I think Apple cleared a lot more profit off my
Mac than did any other company that I bought peripherals from.  I
won't even mention the differen$e between my internal hard drive and
what Apple wanted, even at student discounts.

    /--------------  Paul Eric Menchen
   /         /|  /|  meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu
  /------   / | / |  meuchen@eniac.seas.upenn.edu
 /         /  |/  |  (strike UUCP if you see it- I don't
/__________________  know why our mailer does that!)